Selling a home in the Colorado market is not a problem. Selling it quickly and for top dollar is where our marketing expertise comes in! I’ve mentioned elsewhere that I spent 20+ years in Corporate America as a Marketing Executive specializing in direct marketing. I love marketing…I love marketing Real Estate…and I’d LOVE to help sell your home!
So, what are the keys to selling a home in our current market and digital age?
Great Home Prep – Make it Shine and Make Those Repairs!
A clean home is worth $1,000’s. Seriously, if you want top dollar for your home (and who doesn’t), it’s time to clean from top to bottom. I mean the toilets, the sinks, the floors, the windows. You know, a good “Spring Cleaning.” I heard a client once say, “I’d don’t want to buy someone else’s dirt.” As for repairs, fix the leaking sink, touch-up paint where needed, replace the loose board in the deck, etc. Keep in mind, repair requirements can vary greatly. I would be happy to chat with you more about where you can get the most bang for your buck.
If you’d like my free “How to Stage Your Home Like A Pro” guide, you can get it here.
Fantastic Photography is Imperative
A picture is worth a thousand words. And in today’s fast-paced, hectic society, awesome photos help to stop a potential buyer in their tracks. Ever noticed how some homes look GREAT and some look terrible? Check this out. Here is an actual listing and photos used. Unbelievable!
I see this more often than not. A Real Estate agent that markets a property using such awful photos should be FIRED! Instead, your property will look like this when we begin marketing it.
- Notify the local Professional Real Estate Community – Brokers tours, email campaigns and reverse prospecting are just a few of our marketing tactics.
- Local Multiple Listing Service – A professional, content rich profile of your home with be on the MLS
National Real Estate Portals – within 24 hours, we syndicate to all the national real estate portals/companies.
- Social Media – Yup. Facebook, YouTube, Google Ads, Craig’s List and more. When we get together we’ll share how we blow away the competition when it comes to marketing your home.
- Open Houses – Old fashioned, but it works! A good percentage of buyers still find their perfect home (YOUR home) when visiting a home.
- And more – Drone photography, neighborhood marketing, sign riders, etc. Every property is unique and we take a customized approach to each and every sale. In fact, be sure to check out our rave reviews to see what others have shared about our service.
Price it Right
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we DON’T determine the price. The “market” determines the price. Yep, you read that right. We all think our home is worth $50,000 more than our neighbors home. I have heard it before, “Everyone that visits always comments on our gorgeous granite counters, fashionable drapes and our lovely landscape!” It’s only natural to be emotionally attached. But in the final analysis, the home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay. Keep in mind, if it’s priced too high, it sits on the market and potential buyers begin to assume there is something wrong with the home. Price it too low and you leave money on the table.
But fear not, we have a super strategy for establishing the price that is just right; not too high and not too low. I’ll share more during our Listing Presentation.
You can contact me at Henning@HomesForTheColoradoLifestyle.com. Or better yet, call me directly at 970-484-1962.